PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create silent install

David Foyt
06-16-2004, 02:22 PM
I am attempting to create a traditional silent mode response file for standard installations (Setup.iss), but the Setup.iss file is not created.

It's a simple install, using just the Welcome, License, RegisterUser and Finish dialogs. In non-silent mode it runs successfully and installs the product correctly.

If I enter

setup /r

it still installs correctly, but no Setup.iss file is created in the WINDOWS directory. In fact, I've searched the entire disk for a file of this name and found nothing.

The target machine for installation is Windows XP and the InstallShield Developer version is 7.0 with service pack 4.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks,
David

Esquimaux
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi,

The first thing you should try is specifying the target location and name of the record file so you can be 100% certain that it does not get created.

For example, try:

setup /r /f1"C:\MyISSFile.iss"

If a file named 'MyISSFile.iss' does not get created directly under 'C:\\', then you know that it is definitly not working.

Good luck.

David Foyt
06-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried that, actually, and the response file doesn't appear in the specified directory, or anywhere else on the disk.

David

David Foyt
06-18-2004, 03:08 PM
I put a message box in one of my script functions to report the value of the MODE parameter, and it's NORMALMODE, even with the /r or the /s switch.

Does anyone have any idea why my setup.exe doesn't recognize these switches? I'm using Developer 7.0 with service pack 4.

Thanks,
David