PDA

View Full Version : Disable Maintenance Mode

ninlar
06-14-2004, 02:15 PM
I have marked "Enable Maintenance" as "No" in my InstallScript MSI Project, but I still get the Maintenance Dialog when I use the Add/Remove Programs applet. Anyone know how to fix this? I also turned off the Change and Repair buttons, but those don't work either; they are still shown.

Thanks for your help in advance.

spiginko
08-08-2004, 01:50 PM
FROM HELP

How do I add and remove an application and leave no trace in the registry?

If an application needs to be registered, author the installation package as described in the section How do I add or remove registry keys on the installation or removal of components? Registration is used by the installer for advertisement and by the Add/Remove in the control panel. If an application is not registered, it cannot be advertised and is not listed in the Add/Remove control panel.

You may omit registering an application by removing the RegisterProduct action, RegisterUser action, PublishProduct action, and PublishFeatures action from the InstallExecuteSequence table and AdvtExecuteSequence table. All of these actions must be removed or some trace of the application may remain in the registry. Removing all of these actions prevents the application from being listed in Add/Remove in the control panel and prevents the advertisement of the application. Removing all of these actions prevents the application from being registered with the Windows Installer configuration data. This means that you will no longer be able to remove, repair, or reinstall the application using the Windows Installer Command Line Options or the Windows Installer application programming interface.

To simply hide the application from Add/Remove and still be able to use the Windows Installer to manage the application, leave the registration actions in the sequence tables and set the ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property in the Property table to 1. The application will not appear in Add/Remove programs, but you will still be able to use the Windows Installer to install-on-demand, uninstall, repair, and reinstall the application.