PDA

View Full Version : Files NOT Installed

dsnyder
10-25-2001, 08:13 AM
Using IS Express 3.03 I have built a package that includes a folder of 125 gif images. The last 4 files in that folder are never installed. At first these files were included in the package statically, that did not work. I then switched to a dynamic link for that folder, but those same 4 files are still not being installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Chandima
10-29-2001, 10:03 AM
That's Wierd. Few questions:

1. What are the names of the 4 files that do not get installed?
2. If you look at these files properties (from Windows Explorer) are they set as "hidden" are "Archived" or anything different from the other gif files?
3. To what folder (In Files View) are you adding these files?
4. What is the siz of each file (compared to the others)?

dsnyder
10-29-2001, 10:11 AM
1. The files are view_patient.gif, view_report.gif, worklist.gif, and worklist2_vtab.gif.
2. The properties on all files are the same.
3. The files are being added to [INSTALLDIR]\myserver\public_html\images.
4. There is no significant difference in size between any of the files.

Thanks,
Dave

dsnyder
11-28-2001, 02:50 PM
I still do not have a solution to this problem. I did find that if I remove the first file that does not install (view_patient.gif) the last 3 files WILL install.

view_patient.gif doesn't look like it is any different than the other files.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

Claire
11-29-2001, 04:07 PM
I am trying to install 18 pdf's and 18 fdf's to a specified subdirectory on the target machine.

I successfully install 4 txt files to it's parent but the subdirectory (which exists) does not get the 36 files added. Their properties are all the same and plain vanilla, I have tried drag and drop as well as dynamic linking, they ARE added to the build but do not get installed? Did you have any luck?

Can you tell me how this question gets sent to installshield?

Thanks,
Claire

dsnyder
11-30-2001, 09:01 AM
I am having no luck, although I have done some more testing. It looks like it is only 1 file that is causing the problem. When I remove that 1 file then the rest of the files install correctly. If I install that 1 bad file to another location, it then installs correctly. It seems to be just the one folder that does not take the gif file.

I think InstallShield monitors this forum, but there's a disclaimer some where.

Dave

Chandima
11-30-2001, 01:26 PM
Could you send me the file that's causing the problem to chandimar@installshield.com? Thanks.

J_Shawver
11-30-2001, 01:55 PM
You might try using an install log to find out why the files aren't being installed. You can have a log generated by changing the CmdLine entry in Setup.ini to: /L*V c:\msi.txt

Search through the logfile for the names of the files that aren't being installed. There is a section where it logs the actual copying of the files. That might tell you why they are not installed.

If they are not listed, it could be a problem with the component the files are in. Use Orca to view the .msi file. Look in the File table, find the files you are interested in. This tells you the name of the component the files are in. Search for the component in the logfile. There is a section where it determines what features and components to install.

Good luck :)

dsnyder
12-04-2001, 02:52 PM
I have found another file that is not installing. It appears in the build log and was added dynamically. This time it is not a gif file, but a html file.