PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 9b

RGfocus
06-11-2004, 07:11 AM
I downloaded the DirectX 9b setup file from support.installshield.com, and installed it. I thought the setup was supposed to add a msm-file, which I could implement in my ISDev project (ISDev 9, SP1, ISScript MSI project), but I can't find any new msm-files. And the DirectX 9b does not appear in the redistributables window. Any ideas anyone how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Mike P
06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
I have exactly the same problem as you and urgently need to resolve this.

I too have just downloaded the DirectX 9b setup file from support.installshield.com, and installed it.

How did you resolve this?

Many thanks

Mike P

RGfocus
07-01-2004, 02:32 AM
I downloaded the redistributable setup file from Microsoft. From the IS-script I launch DXSetup.exe using the /installmanageddx command line parameter. Like this:

szProgram = SRCDIR ^ "DirectX9" ^ "dxsetup.exe";
szCmdLine = " /installmanageddx";
if (LaunchAppAndWait ( szProgram , szCmdLine , WAIT | LAAW_OPTION_SHOW_HOURGLASS) < 0) then
SetDialogTitle(DLG_MSG_WARNING, @TITLE_MSGBOX_ERROR);
szMsg = @MSG_ERR_INSTALL_DIRECTX;
MessageBox (szMsg, WARNING);
endif;

Hope this helps!

Mike P
07-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi Roar,

Manu thanks for the reply.

Yes that helps alot. The only other problem I have now is copying the DirectX 9 Redistrubutable files to CD Disl 1 and keeping it with the CDR Media 650Mb limit!!

Because my project spans over multiple CD disks my disk 1 image is already full with 650Mb. So I cant add the DirectX 9 files to it.

How can I tell DevStudio to only use 600Mb on Disk 1 and use 650Mb for Disk 2 to 4 ??

Always the same, you solve one problem and you get another one.

Many Thanks

Mike