PDA

View Full Version : create custom dialog controls

nehabhambu
06-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi everybody,
I wish to know whether there is some API classes by which we can create control items on a custom dialog by coding like :-
button b = new button();
I think ISButton provides some such facilities to manipulate controls but by this method we get a context to some existing button , but cannot create a new one .

thanks !!
neha

MarloV
06-11-2004, 08:32 AM
You can create a new button on any dialog pane in the Dialog Editor by selecting the dialog in the Explorer, clicking inside the pane in the layout view, clicking the button icon, then clicking in the pane where you want the button to appear (you can also move it anywhere within the pane by clicking and dragging it).

You can then control the action performed by the button by selecting it in the pane, selecting the Swing Events tab, then adding the event code to control what occurs when the button is clicked (select the buttonClicked method from the Events drop-down list).

GatorBadMan
01-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Hello!

I am trying to open an htm file that sits on the install CD (it basically opens up our user guide which also includes the install guide). Can somebody post some examples of how I can accomplish this for W32 and SolarisSparc releases?

Thanks-in-advance!!!

[please help a java rookie! :p ]