PDA

View Full Version : ISX3.04: Access 97 runtime installation on a "Win2K+Office2K" system

Frank Freund
10-24-2001, 07:49 PM
I'm using ISX3.04 and the Access97RT merge module to create a Access97RT-Setup for a Win2K system with Office2K installed.
The setup works fine and the application can be started without any problem until Access2K is started once. After this, the Access 97 runtime can't be started again. The error message says "The windows registry could not be initialized" and recommends to start the setup again.
I'm quite familiar with the access97/2000 compatibility problems, but don't know how to change my installation to prevent this problem.

tia
Frank

dterrie
06-12-2002, 01:37 PM
I am having the same problem at one site - many others work fine. I have found one possible issue RE needing the OS2000 SR-1 service release. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=kb;en-us;Q248913.

We've tried numerous workaround installs/uninstalls but the result is always the same - the install works, but is broken by running Access 2000, which re-installs itself. It may be a matter of common files... If the SR-1 patch works, I'll let you know.