PDA

View Full Version : CmdLine=/s problem

John/Certa
06-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm making a silent setup using Install Shield X but the un-installation does not need to be silent.

My setup is distributed as a single executable package meaning I have recorded a setup.iss, added it to Disk1, added the /s switch to the command line string and compiled the package.

The installation works as planned but the un-installation will fail. The reason is that in setup.ini stored under Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\[GUID]\ the /s switch is remembered as CmdLine=/s and invoked also at un-installation or maintenance. I do not need or want this.

As far as I understand, installation, un-installation and maintenance can not be recorded stored in the same ISS-file? I haven't found any way to switch back to normal 'noisy' un-installation at runtime ignoring the /s switch.

I'm considering writing a hack to remove the CmdLine= after install but before that I would like to find out if there is a better way to solve this without overriding all of ISX un-installation setups?

I've recently upgraded from IS 5.5 using Package for the web. There, a similar approach worked fine since the command line at installation wasn't stored and used for un-installation.

Esquimaux
06-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Hi,

Just remember that I have never tested this...

Inside your script, when the user is removing the software, try setting the MODE variable back to NORMALMODE. See InstallShield documentation for more information on the MODE variable.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

dbriggs
06-11-2004, 12:29 PM
This should work. I would do it in OnShowUI, so you can decide when and what user interface to display.

Hope that helps,

David