PDA

View Full Version : license agreement

jasmine
06-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi,
I have aquestion regarding license agreement. I need that to show up but during update and new install. If you set it up using Installtion interview it puts it only for the new install, which dialogs do I need to change and how?

huntant
06-10-2004, 08:21 AM
If you are using a basic msi project then the following will work.
The name of the dialog is LicenseAgreement. You just need to modify the behaviour of the Next button on the previous dialog. There is probably a condition on it that has it skip the license dialog when the product is not installed.
The Back button's behaviour on the dialog following the license one will also need to be updated.

Anthony

jasmine
06-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi,
I looked at my project this is what I have:

LicenseAgreement dialog
-----------------------------------
Next button

Event: New Dialog
Argument: ReadyToInstall
Condition: AgreeToLicense="Yes"

ReadyToInstall dialog:
---------------------------

Back button

Argument: LicenseAgreement
Condition: NOT Installed AND _IsSetupTypeMin<>
="custom"

Argument: Custom Setup
Condition: Installed OR _IsSetTypeMin<>="custom"

Argument:MaintenanceType
Condition: Installed AND _IsMaintenance = "Reinstall"

Do you mean I have to remove "Not Installed condition in the first event of the Back button?
I do not see what is wrong with Next button of the LicenseAgreement?

huntant
06-10-2004, 10:39 AM
The license dialog is usually display after the welcome dialog. The Not Installed condition needs to be removed so that it is always shown. If Not Installed was the only condition, put 1 as the condition. For the MaintenanceWelcome dialog, you wil probably need to add the control event.
On the ReadyToInstall dialog, the condition should just be IsSetupTypeMin<> ="custom".

Anthony

jasmine
06-10-2004, 11:21 AM
By the Not Installed condition being removed do you mean that condition being removed from the InstallWelcome dialog?

This is what I have for InstallWelcome dialog:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Next button
Argument:InstallLicenseAgreement
Condition:1

This is what I have for LicenseAgreement dialog
-----------------------------------
Next button

Argument: ReadyToInstall
Condition: AgreeToLicense="Yes"

This is what I have for ReadyToInstall dialog:
---------------------------

Back button

Argument: LicenseAgreement
Condition:_IsSetupTypeMin<> ="custom" <-----I removed "NOT Installed" from here now

Argument: Custom Setup
Condition: Installed OR _IsSetTypeMin<>="custom"

Argument:MaintenanceType
Condition: Installed AND _IsMaintenance = "Reinstall"

MaintenanceWelcome dialog:
--------------------------------------

don't have anything for Back button

For Next button:
Argument:Maintenance
Condition:1

What type of control event I need for MaintenanceWelcome dialog? is it so that it can display the license as well?

huntant
06-10-2004, 01:47 PM
You need to have at least one control event on the button if you want it to do something. The control event is what decides what to happen when the button is clicked. The conditions help determine which control event to execute.

From reading over your first posting, what exactly do you mean by "upgrade". Does this refer to running your install in maintenance mode, or during a minor/major upgrade?

If during maintenance mode, then you need to create a New Dialog control event. Exactly the same as the one for the InstallWelcome dialog.
The license dialog's next button would need to be updated to call the approriate dialog when in maintenance mode or in a new install.

Anthony

jasmine
06-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I mean minor/major upgrade

huntant
06-10-2004, 03:00 PM
For a major upgrade nothing needs to be done. When the install is run it is treated as a new install.
For a minor upgrade, changed the control event on the PatchWelcome dialog for the Next button.

Anthony