PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading dialogs from InstallShield 5.1

jika2001
06-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Hello,
I would like to upgrade an installscript project that was developed using InstallShield 5.1 Pro.

I ran the upgrade process. Everything seems to be upgraded very well (code, filegroups, components, etc.). I could sucessfully compile and build the upgraded project.

Next, I wanted to use the new skin option available in InstallShield X. All existing dialogs have been upgraded, but they kept their original size. I have seen somewhere in the doc that before applying any skin, dialogs must have a standard size. I have resized one dialog, and the skin could be applied. However, this means that I need to adapt the layout of all my dialogs, which is a long task. In addition, because most of the dialogs I use are standards (sdWelcome, sdAskDestPath, sdAskOption), I wasn't expected to resize and adapt all of them.

Is there a way to indicate that I want to use the dialog versions available by default in InstallShield X ? Which is the fastest method to do what I want ? Export all dialogs from a version X project into the upgraded project ? Is there an option during the upgrade process ?

Thank your for your help and best regards
Jerome Klotz
Switzerland

dbriggs
06-11-2004, 01:29 PM
If you find your way to the Dialogs page, you should see an item at the top called Skins. Open that up and select (any) one of them. That changes the default size of all standard dialogs and the Skin should be applied.

This will require extra work if you want any custom dialogs to be Skinned. I just use default ones with a bit of control moving around to allow space for foreign translations (or rather that's what I do in DS9: I imported a skinned DS9 project using a custom Skin into ISX as a test and it is all OK).

Hope that helps,

David