PDA

View Full Version : installshieldx

darkestsky
06-08-2004, 04:35 PM
is there any option in universal to check the jvm version on client system ?
also how do we launch the readme file (with our application ) just after the installation has completed..

pls help asap..
thanx

mholland
06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
To reply to the second part of your questions, you can do one of 2 things:

1) Create a Wizard Action in your post install sequence that uses the "Execute Process" action. You can then specify notepad.exe or something like that. The problem with that of course, is that it will be platform specific or you will have to make a number of these actions, one for each platform.

2) Create a dialog that shows your readme and call it in the post-install sequence. This is probably a better solution b/c it would work regardless of platform.

mike.

darkestsky
06-09-2004, 04:11 PM
THANX mike
that helped a lot !

sergspb
12-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Hello!
I use InstallShield X Express/Universal.

There is "read Readme file" checkbox on the final dialog window, when installation package is created with InstallShield X Express. "Readme" text appears only if this checkbox is selected.

But there is no same dialog page for InstallShield X Universal.

I downloaded extra beans from the InstallShield's site, but there are no additional dialogs in the package.

Now I use "License" dialog page with following parameters:
Approve Caption = "view Raadme.txt"
Disapprove Caption = ""
Content = "If you want to read ReadMe.txt file, check the checkbox below and choose Next to continue the wizard."
Description = "Please, read the Readme file"
On Disapprove = "Disable Next Button"

But this dialog page works not good - "Next/Cancel" buttons appear always even if this page is last one. And it is impossible to remove "Next" button from the page.

So, how can I show "read Readme file" checkbox with correct functionality in IS X Universal?
Thanks.