PDA

View Full Version : ComboBox not dropping down on w2k

Toddburke
06-07-2004, 03:51 PM
This is a weird problem. I have populated a combo box through a custom action and set the default choice (I'm listing the current machines IP addresses) and for some odd reason, on Windows 2000 Server, the drop down isn't showing up. I can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to cycle through the selections, but when I click the down arrow to show the selections, I just get a black line under the box.

This Combo Box is working fine under Windows XP Pro and Windows 2003 Std Server....but not under Windows 2000. Anyone seen this or have a suggestion.

I created a sample project and could not recreate it. I'm not sure where to go with this one.

zeplynne
06-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Awesome, huh?

The documentation says:

"Be sure to set the Height property to a “large” number, which specifies the height of the drop-down list portion of the combo box control."

"Large" number means "100"

That should do it.

Toddburke
06-08-2004, 02:47 PM
That is awesome! Wonder why it works differently under W2K then XP. Oh well, a fix is a fix. thanks.

teognost
11-04-2004, 10:27 AM
I had the same problem on WinXp Pro.I have 2 items in the associated strings list.Increased height to 100->it works.Tried with 12 items in the strings list
->not all the items appear.Changed height to 200->works ok.
I was lucky to find your post cuz I didn't have any idea what's going on and how to fix this.