PDA

View Full Version : Items found using IS X...Feedback

neal007
06-07-2004, 09:59 AM
I create my InstallScript MSI releases (batch build) I then go to the Patch area and click the "Build Patch" button. It does nothing. I have to close and reopen IS X to get it to work.

The SLATE skin, SdLicense dialog, the PRINT button goes off the right side of the screen

It would be nice if when selecting a BATCH build of my releases I could include my PATCHES in the batch. I can click, go to lunch, come back and it's all built.

I would like a bit in the Standard Installer designer to turn on/off the IS Update Service checking on the Finish Dialog. I don't want to have to go digging in the property table to find where to put in a "1" so it shows. Need better integration for ISUS users.

Bug (confirmed by support) that Install From the Web (and web install via cab download) does not SKIN.

I have been unable to get the skin customization kit to work at all with InstallShield X (yes, I updated to the new one)

ISUS Update Manager persists updates. For example, the Update Manager shows InstallShield X Skin Customization Kit as an available UPDATE. Install it, it never gets removed from the Update Manager.

HTH

schwammy
10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
I just had this same thing happen to me in InstallShield 11. Closing and reopening the project allowed the patch to build. Did you ever figure out the cause of this?