PDA

View Full Version : Can install an unsigned dirver?

petaluma
06-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi:

I'm trying to use the Device Driver Wizard to installa a driver (ndisuio.sys shipped with Windows XP), but got the error message saying that the driver is not signed.

I just like to practice driver install uisng the InstallShield, is there a way to install without having to make the driver signed?

Thanks

Petaluma

David Thornley
06-07-2004, 09:46 AM
The device driver installation framework requires that drivers be signed. If they are not singed the installation will fail.

ShankuPillai
04-21-2005, 04:35 AM
Can we have any work around so that a unsigned driver can be Packaged ?

chaos653
04-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Even i would like to know if there is a way to package unsigned driver .

This is one of the requirements in my current project . Unfortunately I am working on Adminstudio 5.0 hence device driver wizard is unavailable .

Is there any other tool i can use to package drivers ?

Cheers ,
V

Holger_G
04-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi!

InstallShield uses Microsoft’s Driver Install Frameworks for Applications (DIFxApp).

It looks like, that the latest Driver Package Installer (DPInst) Version 2.0 also supports a legacy mode to install unsigned driver packages on Windows 2000 and later.

Maybe Macrovision will release an update for InstallShield X (and later) to get the updated Driver Install Framework 2 by Microsoft. Then it could be possible to add unsigned drivers to the installation. Would be a nice feature of course :)

-Nick

chaos653
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I am using Adminstudio 5.x , which does not include device driver installation wizard . Are there any other tools available to package unsigned drivers :confused: .

I don't know when my company will upgrade to version 6 .

Cheers ,
V

Holger_G
04-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Yes, you can use Microsoft´s Driver Install Frameworks Tools.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/difxtools.mspx

dror_b
06-20-2005, 02:07 AM
I think I have the same probelm, the question is : what is Installshield error for such problem.
I got the following message during the build process

Val0005: A condition for feature 'qlpseudo' may possibly set the InstallLevel for this feature to zero at runtime. If this feature gets enabled on install, you must author similar logic to ensure that it is also enabled in maintenance mode, otherwise in an upgrade the feature will be ignored.
Setup.exe created

And runtime error 1603