PDA

View Full Version : SQLServerSelectLogin Dialog

heedh23
06-06-2004, 03:08 PM
How do I get this dialog to show in my InstallScript MSI project? It worked fine in my InstallScript project. I looked at the other posts and followed the directions: deleting InstallWelcome, adding the IS_SQL... property to the property manager, and adding the SQLRT.obl to the build settings.

Has anyone found out how to get this dialog to load?

johnludlow
06-06-2004, 03:37 PM
All I did was to create an SQL script, and it was in automatically. If not then you have to modify the control events for the back and next buttons for the previous and follwoing dialogs.

However, there are a lot of events for that dialog, and if they're not added automatically it might be a bit of a pain to do it yourself.

heedh23
06-06-2004, 04:03 PM
There is something wrong with the MSI tables somewhere. It keeps on asking me to resolve a conflict with a property called Binary5 and other things. I have to keep deleting the InstallWelcome dialog that it keeps randomly adding when I modify the SQL scripts.

I step through the script and when it hits OnSQLLogin it just jumps right over it without error.

johnludlow
06-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Hmmm, interesting....

Binary5 (or NewBinary5?) may well appear in the Binary table. Perhaps looking there may give another clue as to what is causing the conflict.

The dialog adds some dlls which it uses to perform certain functions on SQL databases.