PDA

View Full Version : Remove uninstall from add/remove programs.

Scootyd
06-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm been trying to follow the instructions listed in the numerous threads in this forum so my installation package does not add an entry to the add/remove programs dialog and ahve had no luck. I am using Developer 7 with SP4. Here is what I have done...

- Created a new Standard project. The product name is TestApp.
- Under General Information > Add/Remove Programs I have set the fields Disable Change Button, Disable Remove Button and Disable Repair Button to be set to No.
- I have added the property ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT to the Property Manager with a value of 1.
- I have removed the RegisterProduct, RegisterUser, PublishProduct and PublishFeatures Actions from the InstallExecuteSequence and AdvtExecuteSequence tables.

When I complete running the installer there is an entry in the Add/Remove Programs for TestApp that does nothing. I would really like to not have the entry in Add/Remove programs. Others who have followed these directions have had more luck that I have. Does anyone out there have any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance....

charliebecker
08-12-2004, 07:03 PM
I have the same problem you're having, did you ever resolve this problem? Anyone else have luck installing a program and not having it show up in add/remove programs.

Thanks!

Charlie

TsungH
08-13-2004, 12:32 AM
You will want to look up KB article Q105931 in InstallShield.com Search (http://www.installshield.com/search/).

Scootyd
08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Yea.... That is a great suggestion for those who are not creating a package for the web. I'm unable to modify that config file for all projects also. I've ended up changing over to a MSI project for this because the standard project wasn't working for me.