PDA

View Full Version : Win32 Reg File

ccrazy_8
06-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I am creating an installer and would like to associate .ptp files with my application. I have associated that extension with the program and then followed it through the registry and exported them in the Win9x (4) format.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\MedCrypt.exe]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\MedCrypt.exe\shell]
@="open"
"FriendlyCache"="medcrypt"
"FriendlyCacheCTime"=hex:32,70,2a,bd,f5,e4,c3,01

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\MedCrypt.exe\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\MedCrypt.exe\shell\open\command]
@="\"$P(bean334.absoluteInstallLocation)\\MedCrypt.exe\" %1"

(I need the %1 there to get the fileName that was double clicked)

and I get the error:

STACK_TRACE: 12
ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Value name has no ending double quote. Error on line 6")
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32RegistryUpdate.install(Win32RegistryUpdate.java:115)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5195)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4563)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3758)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:41)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

RobertDickau
06-04-2004, 02:10 PM
For that bean, I believe you need to place the at-sign @ inside quotation marks in the .reg file.

(As an aside, in the future you might post questions about Universal projects here (http://community.installshield.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=134).)