PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected message when creating new SQL connection

CraigNicholas
06-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Hi
I have created a new InstallScript MSI Project in InstallShield X and in the Installation Designer view I add a new SQL Server connection when I get the error message:-

"This project was created using a previous version of InstallShield and must be converted. A backup copy of your original project file will be made at ..."

How can it be a previous version when I have just created the project in IS X ?

I have accepted the conversion and now I get Conflict message boxes when I add a new connection. First is
Column= Action
SourceData=caRemoveVRoots, Description = ##IDS_ACTIONTEXT_124##
TargetData=caRemoveVRoots, Description = ##IDS_ACTIONTEXT_RemovingIISRoots##

Second is
Column= Action
SourceData=caCreateVRoots, Description = ##IDS_ACTIONTEXT_123##
TargetData=caCreateVRoots, Description = ##IDS_ACTIONTEXT_CreatingIISRoots##

I can now create a new InstallScript MSI project, make absolutely no changes to it apart from attempt to create a new SQL connection and this issue occurs.

I do not know what action to take in response to these dialogs or why they are appearing.

How should I respond to avoid further problems?

Jeff has a similar problem. See this thread; http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134588

Regards
Craig

David Thornley
06-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I have created Work Order 1-PC9BP. We will fix this for the SP. in the meantime, you may be able to add the string tables that it is complaining about to your setup with bogus values.

CraigNicholas
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Please can you explain "you may be able to add the string tables that it is complaining about to your setup with bogus values" or direct me to the relevant section in the help file.

I'm new to IS X ; I am only familiar with Express 5.

Thanks
Craig