PDA

View Full Version : Help with SQL feature

Startup
06-04-2004, 12:52 AM
The more I use IS X - the more frustrating it becomes. Working full time on it for the last 10 days I achieved nothing. As soon as I resolve one problem, I face another, but I don't give up (as yet).

The last problem is as following:

1. Created InstallScript Project.
2. Added SQL Server script to it (typed a single SQL statement) - runtime works fine.
3. Added another SQL script from a file. Set batch mode. Runtime failed with
Error 0x80040707
DLL function call crashed
SQLRT.ISSQLServerComponentInstall
Setup will now terminate.
4. Removed the second SQL script from SQL view. The same error at runtime.
5. Removed the batch mode - runtime works.
6. Added the second script - runtime does not give any errors but none of the SQL scripts run.
7. Inserted message box in OnSQLComponentInstalled function - at runtime the messagebox was shown 13 times!

Can anyone explain what's happening and how to fix it? All I want to do is to run several SQL scripts in certain order. I am about to take a decision about suitability of IS X for a number of similar projects within the company.

Regards,
Startup

RichardW
06-04-2004, 07:30 PM
I was able to reproduce this problem, but only on internal InstallShield builds. I created a work order for this issue, here is the number: 1-PE8YP. However I was not able to reproduce this on InstallShield X RTM, hotfix 1, or hotfix 2. Did you by chance get a custom version of a dll? Does this problem happen on a fresh installation of InstallShield X?

Startup
06-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Richard,

Thank you. I use IS X Pro Evaluation (downloaded from IS site about 2 weeks ago). We purchased a licence which I should receive later today. Should I reinstall IS or just unlock the eval with the key? Where are the service packs available for download ?

Regards,
Startup

RichardW
06-07-2004, 01:46 PM
You should be able to activate without reinstalling. There are no service packs available yet for installshield X, but there is a hotfix available from the update service.

hidenori
06-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Startup,

Would it be possible for you to email me your ism project including your InstallScript and SQL scripts? I am trying to fix this issue for the first service pack of InstallShield X. However, I am not able to reproduce the behavior in the InstallShield X RTM build. My email address is hidenoriy@installshield.com.

Thank you,
Hidenori Yamanishi
InstallShield Software Corp