PDA

View Full Version : Displaying a text file

Beanalby
06-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Is there a Dialog for simply displaying a text file (like Release Notes at the beginning of an install)?

There's SdLicense/SdLicense2, but I'm not asking people to agree to something, I just want to show it. I could theoretically modify all the strings in SdLicense, but I'm already using that for our real license display.

TsungH
06-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Perhaps, you can use SdShowInfoList or SdStartCopy? Have you looked into Standard Dialog Sampler for a list of available standard dialogs?

Beanalby
06-04-2004, 09:15 AM
[i]Have you looked into Standard Dialog Sampler for a list of available standard dialogs? [/B]

Yes, I had looked in the list & tried using SdShowInfoList, where I used ListReadFromFile to display the readme.txt; the only problem is that it's read at install-time, not compile-time, so when the user runs the single "setup.exe", the readme.txt doesn't exist. I was just assuming there was a simpler way to do this that I was completely missing.

So, as a further question, how can I "embed" the text from a file at compile-time? That'd solve my problems.

Beanalby
06-04-2004, 10:09 AM
ah, I figured it out; I can put readme.txt in "Support Files" and then read the file SUPPORTDIR ^ "readme.txt". Completely works now. Thanks!