PDA

View Full Version : SQL Configuration feature questions..

BigAlbert
06-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi ..

1) Whats the different between "Insert script file" And "Import script file" ?

2) Is there any way to make logs files for the sql scripts that were run from the installation?

3) when I'm chek the "configure" chek box and select one of the products in the combo box, does it means that the ISX will 'upgrade\update' the current SQL server version to the one I've selected?

David Thornley
06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
1) Import copies the .SQL file to a project specific location before linking to it.

2) What would you lke to see in those log files. The installer log sets has some higher level information about execution states but that is it.

3) I'm not sure what configure checkbox you are refering to, but we do not have functionality in the product to upgrade SQL Server. However, we do have functionality for assisting with database upgrades.

BigAlbert
06-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the reply David..

1) My intrest is to have some notification how the SQL scripts ended ... was it succeses \ failur ? which one of the commands faild? (when I'm running the SQL files from cmd file I can get all of this information )

2) For each "SQL connection" there is a "Requirement" tab, if I'm pressing the Add button a new dialog is opend and the check box apears. could you please point me to some more detaild documentation regarding this feature? I feel that the help is not so detaild.