PDA

View Full Version : Dialog error

Brandon Lowe
06-02-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm using the AskOptions dialog during the uninstall of our program and when it displays I get the message that the STR is over the size limit in place of the to strings that I have put on the dialog. The text is staic and was put on the dialog using the resource editor in C++. This dialog worked fine on ISPro 7 and has not been changed.

How large of a string can I display on a dialog and why has this changed?

Also we have changed the bit maps displayed down the side of the dialogs and now this are no longer being displayed. Which file do I need to place the bim file into to get it to display. It was stored in _ISuser.dll before along with all modified dialogs.
I'm including to jpg files.

Dialog1 shows what the screen looks like in ISPro X
Dialog2 shows the same screen in ISPro 7. It is the same project just converted and changed to slate colors.

Thanks
Brandon

Brandon Lowe
06-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Here is the second screen shot.

Thanks
Brandon

Brandon Lowe
06-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Ok I do not know what I messed up but here is the dialog from ISPro X.

Thanks

Brandon Lowe
06-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Anybody have any ideas on this one?
Works fine with Version 7, does not work with X.

Please help

Brandon

will_514
03-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I've just run across this error in IS 12 and IS 2008.

My SdFinishReboot dialog has a 365+ character string in the szMsg1 text box.

If the string is passed in as the second parameter of the SdFinishReboot() call, the string gets displayed, but is truncated.

If the default string is used by passing "" as the second parameter of the SdFinishReboot() call, the error message is displayed. The default string is the same as the one passed in.

I think the limit for characters in a text box is about 365.