PDA

View Full Version : Quesrtion about copying SQL Login and SQL Browse dialogs

t@authoria
06-01-2004, 01:31 PM
I have two different databases I need to run scripts against. These databases may live on 2 different SQL Servers. I copied the SQLLogin and SQLBrowse dialogs. In my copied versions, I modifed the properties they point to as well as recreated the Behavior conditions (pointing to my new properties). My problem is when I click on the browse button from my customized SQLLogin it opens my customized xSQLBrowse but I do not get a list of available SQL Servers. If I do this with the original dialogs, I get a list of available SQL Servers.

Any ideas of what I might have done wrong?

Thanks.

johnludlow
06-01-2004, 01:38 PM
I think that you have to set your properties to the values of the original ones, if that makes any sense, by tying a ControlEvent to that control.

t@authoria
06-02-2004, 02:18 PM
So far so good. I have my customer SQLLogin dialogs point to the SQLBrowse dialog and have the properties set when the Next button is clicked. Things are working fine with one exception.

In my customized SQLLogin dialogs the SQL user name and password are not greyed out if you select Windows authentication. Any ideas of how I can mimic this behavior from the original SQLLogin dialog?

Thanks.

johnludlow
06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Go to the control that you use to set the authentication method (a radio button I'm guessing?) and make a note of the property it uses and the values it sets for each option.

Then go to the behaviour item for the controls you want to disable or enable and click the Conditions tab. Add two records for each control - one will be to disable the control and the other to enable it again. Set appropriate conditions for each one.

madladuk
06-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi. How did you can the SQLLogin screens as I tried to export and then import but now I think I've buggered it up, how can I restore my original SQLLogin properties and create a copy ?

Thanks
Paul

johnludlow
06-06-2004, 10:18 AM
I think I know what you mean. The dialog's name is stored in the file that is exported, and this is used to name the dialog when you import it. But when you try to import it, the dialog already exists. Or something...

Try renaming the SQLLogin dialog to something else (SQLLogin1, maybe), then importing your dialog. After that, rename the dialogs to what you want them to be.