PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired Property

Tim Mayert
06-01-2004, 01:18 PM
I am trying to get the Disk space that is required to install my app. and display it on a dialog box - using Basic MSI project only.

The value I get back is always 0 here is the log entries:

Property(S): CostingComplete = 1
Property(S): OutOfDiskSpace = 0
Property(S): OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 0
Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable = 0
Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired = 0
Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining = 0

Is there something that is to be performed before displaying it so that it gets filled in with the correct value?

Why do none of the entries get filled?

Thanks,

Peerke
06-02-2004, 05:09 AM
I believe you need CostInitialize and FileCost. Have a look at the built-in dialogs and how they get their info.

Tim Mayert
06-02-2004, 08:17 AM
The CostInitialize and FileCost actions are already in the sequences before the dialog boxes and unless something has to be initialized for them to set these values they should be doing the actions that they were set to do.

Looking at the CustomSetup dialog, which will only show the size required for a feature that is selected, only has a Subscriptions Event and Atribute set to SelectionSize for the Event and Text as the Attribute. This is the only thing that is happening and that is no help as I still can not see what it is doing or how it is set.

There is no standard dialog box that displays Disk Space Required and Disk Space Avaliable so I need to find out how to get these values and how to display them.

Do you have anymore suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Tim Mayert
06-08-2004, 01:35 PM
So far I have not found any method that will get me the disk space required or the disk space available.

Now I do not want to use InstallScript, as a custom action, to get this information, but is there a way through a VBScript that I can get this information?

If so could someone supply a small sample on what the code may look like?

Also if anyone knows of a better way or anyway, at all, that I can get and display this information I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Karky1
09-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to do pretty much the same thing, Tim. I'm building an IS X Basic MSI install, but I've been using quite a bit of ISScript to tweak things, and will probably write an ISScript function to get this to work. If I get something decent I will let you know.