PDA

View Full Version : Redistributables - How?

Meshman
05-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Currently, I'm getting this error when building:

ISDEV : fatal error -6246: Could not add dotnetfx.exe to the built image. If you are including .NET 1.1, make sure a core language is selected.

Ok, so I go into Releases and click on .Net 1.1 Core Language. A pile of language options appear. None of them can be checked or unchchecked.

If I use any other .Net Framework version, it errors out looking for any number of redistributable files. I've given it dotnetfx.exe and dotnetredist.exe but it'll ask for dotnetredistsp2.exe. Try finding that file. Google, Microsoft and any number of search engines I try return 0 matches for that filename.

How do I straighten this out? I'm using IS X under VS.Net 2003.

Thanks!

KentFoyer
06-01-2004, 04:36 PM
It seems you need to download the redistributable exe's. You can do so from "Tools | Redistributable Downloader."

Or from the release wizard panel that lists the languages, there should be a button on that dialog that allows you to download the files.

Once you download the files (redists) the check boxes should become enabled once you go back into the release wizard.

Kent

Meshman
06-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Cool, thanks. I don't have a redistributable downloader on my Tools menu, I never could get that one. But I found the Languages button. Worked great, thanks!