PDA

View Full Version : Icon not appearing in Add/Remove Programs

paulrs
05-31-2004, 02:17 PM
RE: InstallShield X, Windows 2000 Professional, Basic MSI Project

All,

Using the Project Assistant, I have configured my installer to have a custom icon for display in the Add/Remove Programs control panel. The icon is an ico file, and it is displayed properly in the Project Assistant - Application Information page. However, when I build and then install the product, the icon in the Add/Remove programs control panel is a vanilla folder icon. I've searched the known issues for InstallShield X, but I don't see any mention of this problem. Might I be doing something wrong?

Regards,
Paul

David Thornley
06-01-2004, 11:33 AM
This is known to happen if you remove the customer information dialog from your setup. The reason is that that dialog seds a property called ALLUSERS. If that property is not set to something somewhere in the install the MSI engine incorectly registers your icon with the OS.

johnludlow
06-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Ah, right, that explains it (I've had the same issue - all kinds of icons appear). I've managed to fix it by setting an icon in the Display Icon field in the Add/Remove Programs view

BEmond
07-09-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm currently experiencing this problem with Developer v8 SP2. I do not have the customer information dialog, but I DO have an icon specified in the add/remove programs view. Any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thanks

BEmond
07-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Answered my own question. I resolved this by setting the ALLUSERS value in the Property table, but doing that gives me a build warning about doing that. I guess I'll just live with the build warning if it corrects the problem.