PDA

View Full Version : error: 1313. changing destination folder

Waynee
10-22-2001, 07:21 PM
Hello,

I've just encountered an error that happens when I try to change the destination folder while installling e.g.:

Error: 1313. The volume C:\ is currently unavailable. Please select another.

This occurs on our

Microsoft Windows 95 version 4.00.950 B and
Microsoft Windows Me version 4.90.3000 test machines.

It doesn't occur in Windows 98 or Windows 2000 :confused:

any ideas would be great (I've had a look in the knowledge base, but no matches there).

Wayne

Chandima
10-23-2001, 09:01 AM
Few questions:

Are you using any Merge Modules in this project?
Do these Win95 and ME machines have a D:\ drive?
In your project have you got files that are specifically installed to the C:\ drive?
Is INSTALLDIR configured to something like C:\Test\Dir? (instead of [ProgramFilesFolder]\Test\Dir)
Does this happen when you run the Setup off a networl location/CD or when the setup is run off the local machine?

Waynee
10-23-2001, 07:51 PM
Does this happen when you run the Setup off a networl location/CD or when the setup is run off the local machine?

* You were right on the track here (everything else is OK). I was never able to use [SOURCEDIR] successfully to create a minimal installer just to copy 5 text files and create a shortcut to my Macromedia Director application on the CDROM. So I compromised and made a minimal installer in Director that does this and the full install is using InstallShield.

Anyway if I run the Setup.exe for InstallShield from the CDROM it is fine.

However I have a small Director application that launches when the CD Autorun activates it. The program checks if I have done an install with my minimal Director installer and runs InstallShield if I haven't.

So if I just Autorun the InstallShield installer whenever they insert the CDROM, that should fix it.

It would great if anybody knows how to successfully use [SOURCEDIR] though. By itself it does generate the SOURCEDIR, however if you append a path like [SOURCEDIR]\mydir it just generates C:\SOURCEDIR\mydir

I actually sent this to technical support in my 30 days free support and was told it is not possible to use it in Express...

Wayne