PDA

View Full Version : Not possible to install or uninstall

boulesteix
10-20-2001, 01:37 AM
Hi all,
I am a newby with IS Exp 3.51.
I have donwload and install this software yesterday.
After building my first msi file with the vb wizard, I have install it on my own computer (W2000Pro).
No problem !!!

BUT

I this time I can't remove, repair or modify any software, the one created by IS Exp or any other install using msi technology.

I got a message : Sorry, there is allready an other install started. Try leater !!!

If I try to uninstall IS Exp 3.51 from control panel, the two buttons modify and remove are disabled.

When I start any program, during the initallisation phase, the little Windows Installer window is display with a message as : preparing installation.

Have you any idea ???

Regards

Pascal

Chandima
10-23-2001, 08:23 AM
Did you inlcude any files like msado15.dll in you Express Project. This is known to to do bad things to Windows 2000. If so remove it from your project and include an MDAC merge module.

What Operating System do you have? If you have Win NT or Win 2K, launch the Task Manager and look at the Processes. There should be only ONE instance of msiexec. If there is more than one, stop them. This could be what's causing the "Another installl is in progress" message.

If that doesn't work, go to http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/4/13.ASP and download the Windows Installer cleanup utility. This might help you remove the application.