PDA

View Full Version : using resourcebundle substitutions in mystrings

mholland
05-26-2004, 06:12 PM
I am starting a new ISX project and I want to make sure all of my user facing text is i18n'd. All of the default dialogs come with references to the StringTables, where the strings are in resourceBundle form (Message=This {0} is a message).

When I am making my own dialogs, or customizing the ones that already exist, I add strings to MyStrings:
(MyMessage=Your {0} is a message)

However, when I use MyMessage in a dialog like this:
$L(MyStrings,MyMessage,food), my string is never resolved. The dialog says:
Your {0} is a message, not Your food is a message.

How can I include localized string in my project that I add?

thanks,
mike.

kflowers
06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately, to pass in arguments to any Custom Resource bundle you can not use the String Table. You need to actually create a Resource bundle or Resource property file.

wohler
10-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I'd like to create a resource bundle so I can use those arguments. However, when I put the strings in com/newt/installer/Newt_en.properties, and made a link from /opt/InstallShield/X/classes/com to my hierarchy (which provides actions nicely), and then tried to use $L(com.newt.installer.Newt,string,arg) in a dialog, the text was blank.

What am I doing wrong? Or more specifically, how do you add resource bundles so that InstallShield can use them? Also, can you see those resource bundles in the String Table like you can Product Resources?

Thanks for any help any one can provide.

RobertDickau
10-06-2004, 09:35 PM
You "register" the resource bundle in the Language Support > Additional Resource Bundles section of your build-configuration settings, specifying the root bundle name (com.newt.installer.Newt, for example)...