PDA

View Full Version : HotFix message keeps popping up

EdwinSchild
05-26-2004, 12:56 PM
I've installed hotfix several times now and even rebooted my PC several times but each time I start InstallShield X, a message pops up telling me that HotFix 2 is available

Alan Wlasuk
05-26-2004, 02:08 PM
I am seeing this as well
Just confirming the fact that you are not alone

bobcorrigan
05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
OK - I'll play with the Update Service on our end to Make the Bad Message Stop - thanks.

bob
universal pm

EdwinSchild
05-26-2004, 02:51 PM
It's not a Bad Message. Fixes are never Bad messages. It's just annoying that it wants to be downloaded and installed over and over again.:)

bobcorrigan
05-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I turned the "Show This To Users Every Time They Open The Tool" checkbox off. Silly me. It's still listed as a Critical fix...am making other tweaks.

Glad to know you like fixes. We do too, kind of - it would be nice to never have to fix anything, but this being software, that's impossible.

EdwinSchild
05-26-2004, 03:27 PM
So you mean it is acceptable to have to fix things because it's software? People are so used to failing computers and software that they don't know better. Luckily not everything in the world is done like software. Imagine going out for dinner and have your steak and salad send back to the kitchen several times because the chef has a 'fix' for it. :) Since I'm a developer as well I am glad people accept bugsand fixes otherwise we can never release our software.
Next time if you don't know what a check box means ask someone else or leave it unchecked :-)

bobcorrigan
05-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Yes, I deserved that..;) I'm the sort of guy who'd push the big red shiny History Eraser Button too, so I guess it's a personality fault. Good thing I'm surrounded by so many extremely bright people, otherwise I'd perish in moments.

bob