PDA

View Full Version : Need instructions getting 5.x Dialogs to work in IS X

jaystamm
05-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I have a custom WizardPanel and ProductAction that I have used and updated from the ISJE days and am having problems getting the WizardPanel updated and displayed in IS X. Without touching the code that worked fine in ISMP 5.x I am able to regester the classes after placing my jar file in the classes folder and adding a line to the InstallShieldUniversal.cp file. I am able to add the ProductAction to my project ok, but I am not seeing where the WizardPanel is able to be added.

I have checked the "User Interface -> Dialogs" view and tried to figure out if I could put it strait into the "Behavior and Logic -> Sequences" view, both with no luck.

I took a look at the help under "Creating Custom 5.x Dialogs" and in its sample code it shows this line:
public class HTTPPortDialog extends WizardDialog

But when I try to update my WizardPanel to WizardDialog it will not compile. Looking through the jar files located in my C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Universal Installer\lib folder I do not see the class WizardDialog anywhere and it is also not referenced in the AdvancedAPI folder contents.

I would rather keep maintaining my code and not have to use the Dialog Editor if at all possible but I am stumped at this point. Any information would be much appreciated.

Jay

RobertDickau
05-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Is this a new project or an upgraded project? If you want to create a new project that can use ISMP 5.x-style dialog boxes, first pull down the Tools menu, select Options, and select Show 5.X Projects; you can then create a new 5.x-style project that can use your custom wizard panel...

jaystamm
05-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

The next problem would be that I provide this bean for other teams/projects so for them to use it they would have to select a 5.x style project, correct?

I guess I will have to do some more digging to figure out how to provide the same functionality and be able to support a more robust set of projects and still let it be easily imported.

Any pointers on the ability to provide custom dialogs that can be included in ANY type of project and easily delievered?

Jay

RobertDickau
05-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Yes, my understanding is that to use those dialog boxes, the other developers would have to use a new or migrated 5.x-style project.