PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Language Support

Arabic
05-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Hello there,

I'm interested in adding Arabic to the installation languages.

I followed article Q106687
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q106687

The Arabic text appears fine inside the InstallShield application, however when I make a Release I get two problems:

The first, when the "Choose Setup Language" dialog appears, the Arabic Language field contains no text at all.

The second, when a dialog with Arabic text is displayed, all Arabic characters appar as question marks.

Is anyone familiar with such problem? can anyone offer any help or guidence?

Thank you a great deal.

dbriggs
06-14-2004, 08:00 AM
The first problems sounds very much like one I reported against DS9. I was trying to add Spanish sub-languages (e.g. Mexican). I got some help regarding editing the langs.ini (?) file, but then I ran into the blank lines problem. This was never resolved in DS9, as far as I am aware.

I'm no expert on Arabic, but experience with Japanese suggests that you might have to change fonts to get the Arabic characters to display correctly.

I'm not sure that IS can do right-to-left? Do you have to reverse the text? Just guessing?

Hope that helps,

David

Christ@ADLIB
03-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I've had the same problem with InstallShield 10.5, and there seems to be a relation with the text numbers in the setup.ini file and the problem below:

> The first, when the "Choose Setup Language" dialog appears, the Arabic
> Language field contains no text at all.

In my setup.ini file, there's a list of 6 languages, like:
[Languages]
Default=0x0009
count=6
key0=0x0013
key1=0x0009
key2=0x040c
key3=0x0007
key4=0x0008
key5=0x0001

Now, for the key5-language (should show Arabic in the drop down), no text is displayed. Experimenting with other numbers for key5 showed texts (but never arabic). So, there seems to be a relation with some stringtable in the setup files, but which one??? I also tried the lanugage Estonian, and than the drop down showed the text 'Do you wish to ibnstall %s' (which doesn't make any sence here). Hopefully this issue can be solved asap...

dbriggs
03-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I looked through all the text files I could find without much luck. I came to the conclusion that the language names were coming from a language-dependent DLL (something like _ISRES or _SETUP.DLL?) and there just wasn't one with the right resources in. I don't think the above DLLs come with source, so the only way was to open them in a resource editor and hope that the results worked. I gave up before trying that as I didn't have Visual Studio available at the time.

Wherever they are, the language names are localised and displayed according to the system locale when the Engine is starting up and looking for language support, so that, for example, English appears in Arabic on an Arabic system.

David

santhosh_kp
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
I have one requirement while installing the product user can select 'English' as default and English-(United Kingdom),English-(United States) as optional.

I have added new language(English -UK) in to installshild but it shows as a Blank Line in Language selection Dialog. Please help.

Am using insatllshild 2008 premier edition.