PDA

View Full Version : Setting up two executables

neddyflanders
05-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Hello, I have a dialog window that you can choose Adaptive Server or SQL Server. Depending on your choice another dialog window is brought up with an install button that calls a custom action. This custom action installs either the Adaptive server or SQL Server on the client PC. depending on which choice you selected. The problem is both are being installed no matter what choice is selected. Is there somewhere in Installshield X that says Always execute that is causing this? (Maybe in components somewhere?) Thanks in advance.

RobertDickau
05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
So you're saying that both actions are running even though only one radio button is selected? How are you launching the custom actions? What do the conditions on them look like?

neddyflanders
05-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Hello, I am using a button to run the custom action. The button does the DoAction Event and the argument is the custom action name followed by the condition of 0.
The custom action has the name of the executable Filekey.
Return Processing: Synchronous
In-Script Execution: Immediate execution
Execution Scheduling: Always Execute
And Absent from Sequence for all the sequence's.

RobertDickau
05-25-2004, 01:23 PM
If the condition is 0, I'm surprised the action ever runs. Could something else be triggering the action?

neddyflanders
05-25-2004, 02:24 PM
the user presses the install button which calls the custom action which installs both instead of one.

RobertDickau
05-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Perhaps I don't understand the question... If your custom action should always run, how are you determining inside it which installers should run?

neddyflanders
05-25-2004, 03:28 PM
I got it. I set the component condition SERVER = "AdaptiveServer" and it now chooses the right install. Thanks for your help.