PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Report Merge Module

Delta141
10-19-2001, 07:23 AM
I have a problem in ISX 3.5 when I select the crystal report merge module and run my installation program none of the crystal report files are installed on the targeting computer.

Chandima
10-19-2001, 08:51 AM
When you select the Crystal Reports merge module it should launch a Wizard. From this Wizard you have to choose the components you want distributed with your setup. If this is not configured the relevant merge modules are not added to your setup. In your merge modules view, other than the Crystal Reports merge modulem, are any other merge modules selected?

Delta141
10-19-2001, 09:05 AM
Yes there are other merge modules selected than the crystal reports. and I run the wizard

Chandima
10-19-2001, 09:29 AM
What is a the configuration of the Target Computer? Are you making and uncompressed build? If so browse to the release location and see of there is a subfolder with the Crytal Reports files. When you install the your setup, does it give errors at runtime about files not being found?

Delta141
10-19-2001, 09:36 AM
In the installation director where the install files are there is a director with all the crystal files. But when I run the installation there is no such file on the target computer where the program has been installed.

Chandima
10-22-2001, 04:59 PM
I would like to look in to this issue a little closer. Could you send me your ism (project) file to chandimar@installShield.com? I will take a look and let you know what's wrong.

Thanks!

BlackDimond
03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
hi,

It's been a while since this thread was created, but I now find myself in more-or-less the same situation with Crystal Report.

I passed through the redistribution, clicked on CR 8.5... passed through the wizard thing... Yes I checked the component one (last one). Basically I did my research and did what was necessary.

But now I get this error -1501 because it couldn't compress one of the necessary modules. I have it on my pc, but for some odd reason, Installshield can't find it to add it to my project.

Please help! How do I solve this??

Blacky