PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the installation location of the application

CoolWriter
05-25-2004, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I have a problem at the "Installation Interview" screen:

I am choosing the "yes" option of the "do you want your users to be prompted to modify the installation location of your application" in the "Installation Interview" screen. But it is not being prompted to modify the installation location during setup. What should I do? What is the problem?

Thanks for any reply...

Mark at IS
05-25-2004, 07:50 AM
The script code created by the Project Assistant prompts the user to modify the installation location of the application only if they first select the Custom setup type in the setup type dialog box. I have created InstallShield work order 1-ODSXD to explain this in the Project Assistant.

CoolWriter
05-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I have modified a few lines of script code and enabled promting directory change.

But now I have another question:
How can I add a fixed directory? I tried to add it form "Application Files" screen by right clicking on the "Destintion Computer" but the "New Folder" menu item is not enabled on the context menu. What should I do?

Thanks...

Mark at IS
05-25-2004, 08:30 AM
To create a folder in a location other than one of the predefined folders (Application Target Folder, Program Files, Support Folder, or Windows), follow the directions in the help topic "Specifying a Component's Destination from the Script". To locate this topic, open the Help Library (available from the IDE's Help menu) and see the following Index entry:

Components, specifying destination from the script

CoolWriter
05-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Is this the only way to create a folder at a specific destination? Or are there any simpler ways to do this?

Thanks.

Mark at IS
05-25-2004, 10:13 AM
You could skip the GUI altogether and simply call the script function CreateDir.

CoolWriter
05-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Ok, thanks.
This way is easier than GUI :)