PDA

View Full Version : Install Script to drive BASIC MSIs

Jim Bassett
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM
I have some basic MSIs and I need to do some special UI work that I know could be better perform by using the InstallScript side of Dev9. If I use InstallScript only to control the installation of the MSI's or Setup.exe of the Basic MSIs I have made will there also appear in the Add?Remove application an item that reflects the InstallScript that was used to drive the installation of the MSIs?

RobertDickau
05-24-2004, 05:34 PM
For a pure InstallScript project, you can set the project property Maintenance Experience to "No Uninstall or Maintenance", which suppresses the Add or Remove Programs information, uninstallation log, and so forth...

Jim Bassett
08-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks. This appears to be an option if one was creating MSI using the Install script sides of Dev 9 but we are developing basic MSI. Do you know of a method to surpress the installation process showing in the Add/Remove via the basic MSI?

LewisQ
08-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Delete the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{Your GUID} and nothing will show up.

If memory serves me, I believe that only deleting DisplayName under that key will do as well.

Jim Bassett
08-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Thank you!!!!!

MattTweedie
09-08-2004, 07:29 AM
You can also set the property ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT to "1" during your install. Then the information will be stored in the uninstall key, but not be visible in the ARP applet.

Jim Bassett
09-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Thank you I will take a look at that property