PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Behavior.

krishnaa
05-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Hello All,

I install msvcrt.dll , mfc42.dll with my application , And I see that installshield replaces it when it's same version also , How can I programatically control this ? I want to place this files they are not present on destination computer.

Also while uninstallation it removes msvcrt.dll , does it replace back the original file which it replaced while installing ???

How can I be sure what happens ?

Or do I need to supply msvcrt.dll , msvcirt.dll , mfc42.dll etc in files and folders ?? can installshield take care of it ??

I am using basic installscript type project....

Thanks for your time.

RobertDickau
05-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Each component has an Overwrite property that you can use to specify how or whether files should be overwritten on a target system; if you use an InstallShield object, the author of the object has presumably set the Overwrite property of its components to an appropriate value.

By default, the uninstallation does not restore older versions of an updated file.

krishnaa
05-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Thank u sir,

But where can see and set them ???

When I go to files and folder I see files and when I right click on them and go to properties , I see same properties as windows shows (Read only etc.) , but I dont see anything which tells override this file if version is lower etc...

MY project type is simple INSTALLSCRIPT.

RobertDickau
05-24-2004, 12:10 PM
You would set that at the component level (in the Setup Design view or the Components view), and not at the individual file level.

krishnaa
05-26-2004, 02:04 AM
Still I didnt found anyway to set it , I went to components in "INSTALLATION DESIGNER TAB" , but there is no option anywhere , can you please tell me how to get it ?

RobertDickau
05-26-2004, 07:30 AM
For an InstallScript project, select a component in the Components view; the Overwrite property is the fourth one from the bottom of the list.

krishnaa
05-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Got it , thanks...