PDA

View Full Version : Answering Questions

mis049
05-23-2004, 11:39 AM
I have been looking back over the few posts that I have posted and have figured out that I have yet to recieve 1 answer from the forum that helped. I have communicated with a few other users offline and been able to figure out most of the issues.

My suggestions would be as follows:

1. Have people monitoring the forums who have experience with the products.

2. If something someone is asking is not possible, tell them...

I have had a post out for about 13 days. There have been 100 views with no responses. I would expect that this would be simple for one of the people who works at installshield to come up with an answer.

3. If the forum is not going to be monitored and questions answered, inform the people who have support contracts so that we do not waste any more of our time on the forums. Or so we atleast know that we must attact the problem on 2 fronts.

KellyF
05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
I was hoping to have someone else from the team reply, as most others are more eloquent than myself, but...

1. We do have quite a few developers and support folks traversing the forums.

2. If you want a guaranteed answer from the support folks, you'll want mySupport. The community forums are a intended as a location where persons who use InstallShield products can help each other out. This leads into #3.

3. As you guessed it, mySupport with the support contracts is the place where you know that the support staff are dedicated to looking at the issues you submit.

KellyF