PDA

View Full Version : Custom SKIN problem with SINGLE_EXE project

krishnaa
05-23-2004, 06:19 AM
Hello Guys,

I have used skin customization kit to create my own skin , I placed new skin in DISK1 folder and tried running setup.exe in same folder and the skin was applied to it but the "COMPUTER" image on middle of LEFT image was apeared on my custom LEFT image , I dont know why this happens , can anybody solve my problem ???

Attached is a image of setup window , the MAX logo is my custom image on left side , but the DEFAULT COMPUTER image is also apearing on it , how do i Remove it ??

RobertDickau
05-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Please see InstallShield Knowledge Base article Q108542, "HOWTO: Removing the Computer Icon from a Skinned Dialog", at http://support.installshield.com/kb.

krishnaa
05-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Thanks a lot man...

Well anather question is ,
HOW TO INCLUDE THIS CUSTOM SKIN TO BUILD SINGLE EXE IMAGE ??? Whenever I build project , I get default skin applied instead of mine as installshield deletes the folder and recreates it...

krishnaa
05-24-2004, 03:06 AM
The solution given works for Welcome Dialog and onwards ONLY , not for the VERY FIRST DIALOG called PREPARING SETUP...See attachment.

I have tried adding code

DialogSetInfo (DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "", TRUE); to almost every possible init event in script , still cant override the first one.

neal007
05-24-2004, 05:48 PM
First, you don't need to create a SKIN just to change that left image. Use the DialogSetInfo just to place your default left image.

My problem is that left image I use in the DialogSetInfo is NOT showing up in PATCHES. I've placed the DialogSetInfo in EVERY BeforeUI event.

krishnaa
05-25-2004, 12:01 AM
If I set "Show Small initialiation dialog" to YES , then the first dialog bo goes away and a small progress box is shown instead of that , which dont have any skin , and dialog boxes start with Welcome screen.

Lupin le chat
05-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by krishnaa
If I set "Show Small initialiation dialog" to YES , then the first dialog bo goes away and a small progress box is shown instead of that , which dont have any skin , and dialog boxes start with Welcome screen.

Where can we find the "Show Small initialization dialog" option ?

neal007
05-25-2004, 09:33 AM
It's in the long list of properties for your Release configuration

Lupin le chat
05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Thanks

fgorseth
10-06-2004, 08:57 AM
"Could not produce skin output file. Please, check your skin.ini file."

After trying with a new skin, I extracted the images and .ini file from an existing (known good) .skin binary.

Using the exact instructions on the .html SCK helpfile, I again attempted to compile a new .skin binary using the known good images & skin.ini file - and *still* received "Could not produce skin output file. Please, check your skin.ini file."

I have downloaded the latest Skin Customization Kit and all service packs for Install Shield X.

fgorseth
10-06-2004, 08:58 AM
"Could not produce skin output file. Please, check your skin.ini file."

After trying with a new skin, I extracted the images and .ini file from an existing (known good) .skin binary.

Using the exact instructions on the .html SCK helpfile, I again attempted to compile a new .skin binary using the known good images & skin.ini file - and *still* received "Could not produce skin output file. Please, check your skin.ini file."

I have installed the latest Skin Customization Kit and all Service Packs for Install Shield X.

sam_mokashi
12-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Hi!

I am facing the problem with Left Image. When I changed the skin with our left-image, a small black rectangle is appearing towards bottom-left corner.
can somebody tell, how to overcome this?

And one more thing, how to build single exe with customized skin?

Please help me out.

regards

sam_mokashi
12-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Hi!
I have the same problem of build single exe with customized skin? If you know how to build, pls share the info.

regards
sameer

chrisgwilliams
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Has anyone found any information on how to build a single exe with a customized skin? :confused:

harshapaul
04-08-2005, 05:22 AM
When you create "*.isn" file using "CreateSkinFile.exe" instead of "*.isn" type "*.skin". Now put this file in "C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Skins" and
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\SkinsMSI" and it will be available in the list of skins in the release wizard as well as the Skins subtree of the Dialogs tree in the Installation Designer.This is for Installshield X, I dont know for the previous versions.

Holger_G
04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Hi!

I am using the skin mode too and for me it works perfect to display an alternate bitmap on the left side of the dialogs this way:

Place DialogSetInfo somewhere at OnBegin, OnShowUI or OnSetUpdateMode
DialogSetInfo (DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "BillBoard.bmp;1;;;0,128,128", TRUE);

Make sure that you have activated "Display small initialization dialog" on the User Interface dialog of the Release Wizard.

MikeBeer
09-21-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm having a similar problem. I need to display the language selection dialog which is displayed before any part of the script is executed. Because of that, DialogSetInfo does not have any effect until the script is finally called so I still get the default computer image. Anyone have any idea on how I can get around this?

Edit: Nevermind. Using "display small initialization dialog" affects the language dialog as well.

Thanks,

tkisho
11-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi... I am also getting the computer image in starting dialog in install and uninstall. Please help me how to get rid of that image.

tkisho
11-28-2007, 02:28 AM
I am also getting the computer image on starting setup dialog. please help me.