Setup.inx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
AdminExecuteSequence table successfully built
AdminUISequence table successfully built
AdvtExecuteSequence table successfully built
AdvtUISequence table successfully built
InstallExecuteSequence table successfully built
InstallUISequence table successfully built
Directory table successfully built
ISDEV : warning -6135: The Feature "Always.Install" is not associated with any Setup Type.
Feature table successfully built
FeatureComponents table successfully built
Component table successfully built
Loading File table
Building File table
ISDEV : warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.
Adding file 'ListControls.dll' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Server.Primary_output'
Adding merge module 'Microsoft FlexGrid Control 6.0' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Server.Primary_output'
Adding file 'Sax.Communications.Community.dll' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Server.Primary_output'
Adding merge module 'Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT and Windows 95' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Server.Primary_output'
Adding merge module 'MSDE 2000 Distributed Management Objects (DMO)' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Server.Primary_output'
Merging modules...
Merging Microsoft Component Category Manager Library: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\COMCAT.MSM
Merging DMO Core Files Merge Module: C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Modules\i386\DMO.MSM
Merging DMO Resource Files Merge Module: C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Modules\i386\DMO_RES.MSM
Merging InstallShield MSDE 2000 Object for NT Platforms: C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Objects\ISMSDE2000.msm
Merging MSFlexGrid: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\MSFLXGRD.MSM
Merging Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT(TM) and Windows 95(TM) Operating Systems: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\OLEAUT32.MSM
Merging modules...
Merging InstallShield Update Service: C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Objects\ISUS.Msm
Merging MDAC 2.7 Sp1 (English): C:\Program Files\InstallShield X\Objects\MDAC27ENU.msm
Adding merge module 'Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT and Windows 95' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Admin.Primary_output'
Adding file 'Binarymission.BinaryComboBox.dll' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Client.Primary_output'
Adding file 'Microsoft.StdFormat.dll' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Client.Primary_output'
Adding merge module 'Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT and Windows 95' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Client.Primary_output'
Adding merge module 'Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT and Windows 95' that is a dependency of component 'RMS_Reporter.Primary_output'
File table successfully built
Building MsiFileHash table
MsiFileHash table successfully built
Class table successfully built
Extension table successfully built
ODBCDataSource table successfully built
ODBCDriver table successfully built
ActionText table successfully built
AppSearch table successfully built
BindImage table successfully built
CCPSearch table successfully built
Condition table successfully built
AppId table successfully built
ISDEV : fatal error -6063: Internal build error
Default Configuration\Release - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)
================= Logging stopped at 5/20/2004 09:38:13 AM ==================
Log file has been created:

David Thornley
05-20-2004, 09:19 AM
6063 occurrs when there is an error pre-processing records in the property table. We have special pre-process handling for the following properties:

ISSCRIPT_ENGINE_VERSION
ALLUSERS
ISVROOT_PORT_NO

For ALLUSERS and ISVROOT_PORT_NO we are simply doing validation and generating warnings for some sets of data. So it is unlikely that the error is occurring here.

For ISSCRIPT_ENGINE_VERSION we actually need to set the latest version of IDriver.exe into this property. To do this we actually look at the file <Path to IS X>\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISScript10.msi. If some sort of error occurred opening this file I would expect that you would get 6063.

If examining these properties does not help then at that point I would examine all of the other properties in the table for inconsistencies. The problem is likely in the above set so I think that examining everything should be a last resort.

colin_turner99
05-20-2004, 10:02 AM
:) That cracked it :)

Downloaded the script engin again

all compiles OK :cool:

Thanks alot you are a life saver

Colin

Coder_X
05-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Where did you download that from? I've been told to try the same fix for a different error.

Thanks.

colin_turner99
05-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Try http://www.installengine.com/cert03/isengine/isscript10.msi

bbeachem
03-02-2006, 05:51 PM
ISDEV : fatal error -6063: Internal build error for InstallShield X Stand Alone

I've seen the posting in the past and the recommend downloading the isscript10.msi at http://www.installengine.com/cert03/isengine/isscript10.msi
to solve the issue. I did this for both the IDE and Stand Alone paths. The IDE builds the ISM with NO issues.

However, ALL installs fail in the Stand-Alone build version. This just stopped working today and has worked hundreds of times before now.

Any thoughts as what to do???