PDA

View Full Version : Database Import Failed...

hockeynut
05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I have not used the product since v5 so bear with me a bit. Version X is amazing, as far as I can tell. Loaded it today.
I am trying to make a server install which will have 2 options, installing databases to an Oracle server on windows, or installing SQL databases to a SQLServer on windows.

When I use the wizards to generate the SQL scripts for SQL server, I get the following error.

"Error while generating script: "[SQL-DMO]The passed ordinal is out of range of the specified collection. (21769)"
Database Import Failed..."

Anyone have a clue what that means? I have tried 2 different databases (they are working good db's for our applications)
I have been able to go to Ent. Mgr. and script the db seperately, just wondering why IS, is having an issue.

Thanks

hockeynut
05-19-2004, 06:12 PM
As a follow up question, if I script the db in Ent. Mgr. it creates a section at the top which will create the db, the files, sizes, etc. When I open the script that the wizard generates (even though the process fails it does make a script) there is no section for those files. How does it create the db files (.mdf, .ldf, etc) and how does it know where to put them?

Thanks

hidenori
05-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi,

Would it be possible for you to email me your script that is generated by Ent. Mgr. at hidenoriy@installshield.com? I have no clues for the SQL-DMO error. I would like to reproduce it in-house.

Regards,
Hidenori Yamanishi
InstallShield Software Corporation

hidenori
05-20-2004, 04:32 PM
I worked with Richard offline and we figured out it is a bug in the DB import. I submitted the work order #1-O459D to address this issue in the first service pack of InstallShield X. If you need the fix for InstallShield X, please email me at hidenoriy@installshield.com. I can send it to you.

Thank you,
Hidenori Yamanishi
InstallShield Software Corporation

hockeynut
05-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Got past the error. Thanks a lot!