PDA

View Full Version : comparing Professional Edition with Premier edition

DES1967
05-18-2004, 06:39 PM
we are looking into upgrading to installshield X.

Our plan is to develop the majority of our installers using Multi-platform.

I've developed installers in ISMP about 1 year ago.

In looking at the comparision between premier and professional edition of installshield X i noticed that the comparision "Advanced Support for Java Applications" is not part of professional edition.
This section amonst other things list the following 2 point: -
- Bundle the JVM of your choice for each platform
- Search the target system for a JVM suitable for your product

I'm wondering how can you run a multi-platform installer that was developed with professional edition if it is unable to bundle a jvm or search for a jvm.

MarloV
05-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Both the Premier and Professional editions include "Advanced Support for Java Applications". See the list on our Web Site Comparison page (http://www.installshield.com/products/x/comparison.asp) .

DES1967
05-19-2004, 05:24 PM
yes you are correct sorry about that.
what confused me was that there is a comparison called "Advanced Platform Support and JVM Handling" which only indicates its for Premier edition. however the link actually points to the same link for "Advanced Support for Java Applications"

bobcorrigan
05-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DES1967
yes you are correct sorry about that.
what confused me was that there is a comparison called "Advanced Platform Support and JVM Handling" which only indicates its for Premier edition. however the link actually points to the same link for "Advanced Support for Java Applications"

Advanced Plartform Support and JVM Handling refers to support for AIX and OS/400 in Premier - those platforms are not supported in the Professional Edition.

bob
universal pm