PDA

View Full Version : DLL function call crashed: ISRT._WaitOnDialog

dbriggs
05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
I have just started getting error 0x80040707 in a DS9 project that has been in delevopment for some time but hasn't changed apart from installed files, as far as I am aware. The Setup is built using DS9 SP-1 (with East and West Language Packs).

It is crashing in SdSetupTypeEx(), when I run a first time install (on a Windows 2000 Server, and also on XP-Pro). I can single step up to the SdSetupTypeEx() function call but it crashes before the dialog is displayed.

I am using a custom Skin, but that hasn't changed for ages.

I have not changed the code from the default, and have not changed the number or names of the Setup Types. It's a multi-language Setup, so the Type names are all picked up from the String Table.

I've searched the InstallScript projects forum and error 0x80040707 has been reported, but only in other ISRT functions!

Similarly, KB Article Q107559 gives four possible causes but none of them are close enough.

Has anyone come across this or know a solution?

Thanks for any suggestions,

David

dbriggs
05-18-2004, 11:12 AM
A little more information:

The same install project can be built as English-only or multi-language (English, French, German, and Spanish). Only the multi-language version crashes (even when the selected language is English).

I've also tried a few English-only and multi-language Setups for other projects without the crash, so it looks as though there's something in the String Table?

David

dbriggs
05-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Now I've created a test copy of SdSetupTypeEx so that I can single step through it. The first time through the WaitOnDlg loop works fine. The INIT event is received, the list is populated, the current selection is set and so is its description. I get the error immediately after that, before the new dialog is actually drawn.

There were no obvious errors in the INIT code. The same code works on a Windows 2000 Pro SP-4 VMware virtual machine and in the single-language English-only Setup.

If you've been reading, thanks. Now all I need is a fix!

David