PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

NYASMark
05-13-2004, 08:07 AM
When building my Windows Installer I keep getting the following warning...

"ISDEV : warning -6525: The Custom Action CA_CONFIIS4_Uninstall.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8 in the InstallExecuteSequence table is run from an installed file. It must be sequenced after the InstallFiles action. Ensure that the Custom Action is sequenced properly and that the base actions exists in the sequence."

and when I try to use the installation it tells me "Setup has been interrupted" and ends shortly after preparing for setup.

Can anyone advise me on how to work around this.

David Thornley
05-13-2004, 08:36 AM
I would generate a log file to see exactly where the failure is occurring durring the setup. The build warning may have nothing to do with the install failing.

NYASMark
05-14-2004, 05:54 AM
It seems to be something to do with IIS, However I'm not doing anything with it.

It also says its a custom action and I haven't added any.

?!

johnludlow
05-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Looking at the build warning, the CA is in a merge module. It's complaining that the action is scheduled too early. However, considering the action has the word _Uninstall in its name, I'm thinking that this is meant to be the case.

Basically, the merge module runs some exe during the uninstall do something or other that needs doing during the uninstall (removing a file or directory, reversing some config setting or something like that). Not the best way to do things, but shouldn't cause any major issues if it's done right.

Did you try generating a log file?

NYASMark
05-14-2004, 06:16 AM
If you're talking about debugging, then yes. Also a log is created when I build the project.

Other than that I'm not really to sure on how to do that.

johnludlow
05-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Well, debugging as described in the help is something quite different - You can pass the following command line to get the MSI engine to generate a log file during the setup:

setup.exe /v"/l*v c:\log.log"

NYASMark
05-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Great!

Will try that.

Thanx

Danillo
05-18-2004, 04:45 AM
Hi there,

Just joining your discussion because I have almost the same warning you are talking about. I have set up an InstallScript MSI Project and have selected a merge module I compiled also with ISX in a MSM project. This MSM has three dependencies an compiles without any warning.

When I build the InstallScript MSI Project which is using this MSM module, the following warning occurs:

Validating Custom Action sequencing
ISDEV : warning -6525: The Custom Action _0EDA22B2_C6AD_4B37_B498_2A9668E38CA9 in the InstallExecuteSequence table is run from an installed file. It must be sequenced after the InstallFiles action. Ensure that the Custom Action is sequenced properly and that the base actions exists in the sequence.

If I deselect the MSM then it builds without warning.

My opinion is, that the custom action it reports is not analyzed correctled by ISX. I claim this because I had a similar InstallScript MSI Project unter DevStudio9 also using the same MSM and didn't get this error.

Also an effect I saw was, if you select a MSM module in a project that has no custom actions in it the build works too. (e.g. MSXML4).

David Thornley
05-18-2004, 11:38 AM
What merge module is being used that is causing this build warning. I'd like to analyze the module and the warning to diagnose if the warning is displayed in error.

Danillo
05-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Hi David,

Here the mentioned merge module. I asked the programmer of this module and he told he made the merge module with the VS.NET deployment tools built in. It is also downloadable on http://www.opcfoundation.com

Hope it helps

Regards Daniel

gwestbrook
07-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I too have received a similar error. It appears that IS X expects the Custom Actions from .Net Merge Modules be placed in the Sequence Table. I didn't have to do this with IS Dev 8.0. I still haven't found a fix. My install makes it to just before the Copy File dialog then exits out and gives a 1628 error.

Danillo
07-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Hi, I have worked around this error through typing in the expected entries into the table. The entries are present but have no values set first. Just take the values from a normal installshield project and place them in the merge module project. This way it seems to work.

chilling
03-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi Guys - can you help .... I am using InstallShield v5.0 SP2 and getting the same error ... ie
ISDEV : warning -6525: The Custom
Action CA_CONFIIS4_Uninstall.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8
I do not defined any Custom Actions and build this project from running the Perform Dynamic Scanning wizard (I also get the same error when building the project manually).
I have found one article which covers this subject in the knowledge base :

ERRDOC: Build Warning -6525 (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q110179)
Document ID: Q110179
Last Revised On: Monday, August 23, 2004

This article applies to the following:
Product(s):
InstallShield Express 5.x
InstallShield X Express

Project Type: Windows Installer
The cause is "If the custom action file is set to be invoked before it is installed, build warning -6525 occurs." but as I said earlier I have not created any Custom Actions .....

I am getting really desperate on this one ... pulling out my hair what little I have left :confused: