PDA

View Full Version : File table corruption



Saugata Guha
05-12-2004, 05:28 PM
InstallShiedl 7.04 crashes while building the
table Only options.

It was giving me build error on the Filetable earlier.
Component table successfully built
Loading File table
Building File table
** Fatal Error: -5023: Error building table File


When I do Build->validate->FullMsiValidationSuite
It issues lots of error.

=================Validation started at 5/12/2004 3:17:21 PM=================

MSI file to validate:c:\winbld\4.0.042\OpForce\English_1033\DiskImages\Disk1\VERITAS(TM) OpForce(TM) v3.2.msi
CUB file used to validate:C:\Programs\InstallShield\Developer\Support\darice.cub

ICE02 Error File: '' not found in File table. http://dartools/iceman/ice02.html Component KeyPath
ICE02 Error File: '' not found in File table. http://dartools/iceman/ice02.html Component KeyPath
ICE02 Error File: '' not found in File table. http://dartools/iceman/ice02.html Component KeyPath
ICE02 Error File: '' not found in File table. http://dartools/iceman/ice02.html Component KeyPath
ICE02 Error File: '' not found in File table. http://dartools/iceman/ice02.html Component KeyPath
ICE02 Error File: '' not found in File table. http://dartools/iceman/ice02.html Component KeyPath
...


Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)
at address 0x00612df9 trying to read address 0xeb030421.

File : C:\Programs\InstallShield\Developer\isdev.exe
Version : 7.4.0.262
Exception : c0000005
Address : 00612df9
Access Type : read
Access Address : eb030421

Registers : EAX=00720065 CS=001b EIP=00612df9 EFLGS=00010206
: EBX=0000053a SS=0023 ESP=0012ce54 EBP=0012ce90
: ECX=eb030401 DS=0023 ESI=07bc2424 FS=003b
: EDX=000014ec ES=0023 EDI=00000000 GS=0000

Stack Trace : 0012d75c 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Solution:
I had deleted two directories which I did not want.
Then I converted 2 more directories to dynamic links.
This caused the problem.
For hours I tried different
projects from CVS like 5 of them, all had same problem,
when I made these changes to these projects.
Then I looked at the solution proposed by one of the
KB articles. It mentioned about dynamically linked
files, if it satisfies a particular condition, boom, your
project starts blowing up.
What a luck, I hit it right on. May be I should buy
some lotto tickets this week. :-)

Now, I had these two directory entries converted to static link
from dynamic link and that did the trick. This is not a
solution for all, but you get some clue were to look
for. Hope that helps
Saugata.