PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall of DevStudio built setups doesn't work anymore

Danillo
05-12-2004, 01:43 AM
I have installed the InstallShield X Professional Edition and I assume my problem has to do with this step. I have an installed program on the same computer which after installation of InstallShield X can't be uninstalled anymore. The behaviour is like this: Go to Add/Remove Program and click uninstall. For a short time a messagebox pops up letting the user know the uninstall is starting. Afterwards it disappears and the uninstall didn't even start. The entry in the Add/Remove Programs stays and nothing is done to the system. If I uninstall the same program on another computer (also running Windows XP Professional) it works correct.

My question: how can I still uninstall this program? Is there a tool to clean up or does anybody know what has to be done manually to the system to correctly remove this installation?

David Thornley
05-12-2004, 08:48 AM
What kind of project type was your setup built with? Was it InstallScript or Basic MSI. Thanks!

Danillo
05-12-2004, 09:57 AM
It was (or is) a InstallScript MSI Project. In the meanwhile I deleted this installation out of my system through registry editing and file deletion.

Jeff_Hawke
02-07-2005, 12:19 PM
I am suffering from exactly the same issue. Even worse, after a manual cleanup of the system, if I reinstall and uninstall I keep having the same issue.
Any help?

Gvarma
02-10-2006, 05:41 PM
I would be interested in knowing if you guys have found the solution.

Thanks

Danillo
02-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi,

Because I now work with InstallShield X and 11 since a while I didn't experience this problem anymore. In the meanwhile I also setup my computer from scratch.

Cheers Danillo