PDA

View Full Version : Repair not working properly

CyberTrader
05-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I have converted a 6.3 Installscript installation to 9.0 and starting using the 9.0 Single-exe technology instead of PFTW. I've run into a Repair problem in which if any of my components are set to Always Override the Repair functionality would hang (NT / 2000 ) or throw a CRC Error (XP). I removed the Always Override setting on these components and it now finishes the Repair successfully. However if you delete a file after it is installed on the target machine and run Repair it hangs (NT/2000) or throws a CRC Error (XP) on that file. During installation I copy the extracted files to an uninstall folder within my projects installed directory and update the registry to reflect this. Anyone else seen this?

jsimpson
05-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Does this happen if you recreate the project? I had to do that going from 6.3 to Developer 8. (Now using DevStudio 9).

Try creating a new project, add all of your features/components and put your old script files in to the project. See if it still happens then.

Also, to guarantee file delivery, you could try adding the following to the Property table in Direct Editor:

Property: REINSTALLMODE
Value: domusa

you can find more info about this value on msdn website