PDA

View Full Version : Launching an .inf file from Script

Carolyn Gaines
10-16-2001, 12:40 PM
Hello Everyone

I am new to the list. But i have been using InstallShield for a year or so. I have a problem and i hope that there is someone out there who can help.

Problem: I have an installation that was created in InstallShield Professional 6.12. I am using the code that launches an .inf file from script. The code is as follows.

****Win95 and 98 code
Operating system Win95 and 98
szProgram = "rundll.exe";
szCmdLine = "setupx.dll, InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 " + TARGETDIR + "ASTTMS\\SS\\mpeg4fix.inf";
if (LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, WAIT) < 0 ) then
MessageBox("LaunchAppAndWait failed for MPEG-4 Video codec fix.", SEVERE);
endif;

****WinNT, 2000 and ME code
szProgram = "rundll32.exe";
szCmdLine = "setupapi.dll, InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 " + TARGETDIR + "ASTTMS\\SS\\mpeg4fix.inf";
if (LaunchAppAndWait(szProgram, szCmdLine, WAIT) < 0 ) then
MessageBox("LaunchAppAndWait failed for MPEG-4 Video codec fix.", SEVERE);
endif;

The problem that i am having is that the code works on Win2000 only. When ran on the other operating systems i receive an error stating that the rundll has caused an error in the setupx.dll(Win95 and 98) or setupapi.dll(WinNT and ME) file and that it's missing an entry.

The error message isn' that specific in explaining what the missing entry is pertaining to.

Please help!!

Chandima
10-17-2001, 08:07 AM
This newsgroup is for InstallShield Express. You might have better luck trying one of the InstallShield Professional Newsgroups :)

Try

InstallShield.is6.installscript

Look under the Newsgroups available under News.installShield.com and you should be able to find other related Newsgroups as well.