PDA

View Full Version : Features missing from custom setup

gibbensr
10-16-2001, 12:08 PM
I have InstallShield Express 3.03. I have created a project, and added 5 features (with all their files, etc). When I run the application and choose Custom Setup, though, only 1 or 2 of the features appear. All the features are set to be visible but not required, and they are set to be part of the custom setup.
Any ideas on why these could be disappearing?

gibbensr
10-16-2001, 12:09 PM
By the way, I've tried this package on two different machines, with the same results.

- Rob

Chandima
10-17-2001, 07:58 AM
Have you by ANY chance got some of these features under "Always Install"? There was a bug in 3.0 and 3.01 which allowed you to do this (I am pretty sure we fixed it in 3.03). Since "Always Install" has is set to "Not Visible" it's children will be "Not Visible" as well.

If not under "Always Install",
1. Have you selected all three Setup Types?
2. What are the Dialogs you are using?

gibbensr
10-17-2001, 08:12 AM
Thanks for your reply. I don't think that I have any of the features under "Always Install" because my structure is like this...
Always Install
Feature 1
Feature 2
Feature 3
It's always feature 2, whatever is in that middle position, that fails. I noticed in the build window, because I have some duplicate files that need to be installed with more than one feature, but not all the features, that I get an warning message that states
"duplicate files in Feature 1 and Feature 3"
but also one that says
"duplicate files in %2 and Feature 3"
and it never gets the name for Feature 2, it just gets "%2".

Chandima
10-17-2001, 08:20 AM
Could you send me you ism file to chandimar@installShield.com?

I would like to take a look and see if Express is doing something wrong during build. Thanks!

Chandima
10-17-2001, 10:04 AM
After looking at your ism, this looks like a bug with the Express VB Scan. I have submitted Work Order 1-6TYJZ to address this issue. To reproduce

Create a new feature and name it "Feature1"
Do a VBScan for a vbp file
Go to Feature View
Rename "ScannedProject" to "VBApp1" and move it under "Feature1"
Do another VBScan (for another vbp)
Go to Feature View
Rename "ScannedProject" to "VBApp2" and move it under "Feature1"
Build and run the install

The current work around would be (if doing mulitple VB Scans) to do a scan, rename the feature and NOT move it. The VBScanner looks in the root level of feature tree for duplicate features. Once all the scans are done, you can move and adjust the feature tree.

Thanks for the cooperation and helping to trace this issue.