PDA

View Full Version : 1627: Error saving the changes to <.msi>

paulharmon
05-07-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm attempting to build an IS project, and right after the "Files Built" message, I see "** Fatal Error: 0". I ran ISCmdBld with the /v switch, and got a little additional info: "1627: Error saving the changes to <.msi file name>". This is the only error message in the build.

I've verified that there are no permission problems on the .msi file itself or any directories in its path. I've also compared the build output for this project to a very similar one which builds with no problems - I don't see any differences I wasn't expecting.

What might be causing this error?

neeshd
05-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Does this cause the build to **** out and not finish building the release? Or does it continue ok?

paulharmon
05-10-2004, 08:39 AM
This error prevents the build from completing.

paulharmon
05-12-2004, 10:33 AM
This won't shed much light on the nature of the problem, but I seem to have corrected it. I just re-copied the installation I was basing this one on to a new directory and started making the same modifications (different source file locations and adding a few new files). This time, the problem simply didn't happen.

The first time around, the problem appeared as soon as I updated the source file locations. I don't believe those locations were the problem, because there never were any errors related to finding or copying files during the build.