PDA

View Full Version : NoClassDefFoundError on startup

shadowdancer
05-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Hello,

I have just installed InstallShield X on a newly built Solaris V210 machine running Solaris 9. I have installed java j2sdk 1_4_2_03.

When I attempt to start InstallShieldUniversal, I get the following error:

Initializing MultiPlatform Application Launcher......
Launching InstallShield Universal.....

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: X/lib/ppk/win32ppk/jar:/opt/InstallShield

When I installed InstallShield for Solaris, I selected Custom, let it default the path and had all options selected.

Any ideas?

BTW, why is there is space in the path for InstallShield X? What I see is "/opt/InstallShield X". I don't think unix plays well with blanks in dir paths.

Steve

shadowdancer
05-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Nevermind, I found the solution.

The SPACE IN THE DEFAULT PATH is breaking it!!!!!

InstallShieldUniversal will NOT run with the default path "/opt/InstallShield X". The clue was in the error msg "X/lib/ppk/win32ppk/jar:/opt/InstallShield". The path it is searching for is /opt/InstallShield, while the actual path was "/opt/InstallShield X". The blank in the dir name was being used as a delimiter, thus it was failing.

I had to uninstall the product and then re-install, specifying a path of "/opt/InstallShield_X".

Now it runs.

Are there any other paths with spaces that will cause other errors? I wonder.

CharlesW
05-10-2004, 08:04 AM
This issue has now been fixed. The default install location no longer uses spaces, and if the default install location is changed to include spaces, the launcher should still work. This new build is available for download on our website.